A place to discuss and find ourselves out of the darkness

I am creating this place for all who suffer from anxiety and divorce.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Another day

The depersonalisation, dissasociation, whatever you may call it is prevelant today. It feels like I am almost watching myself type now as I sit here, like I am in a movie of sorts. I am not sure what has triggered this sensation other than that it is a defense mechanism, its just here to protect me but god is it annoying! It feels like I just cant wake up no matter what I do so I have coping skills to help with that. I count whats around me or just get up and move around. Sometimes when I talk it doesnt feel like its really me talking, I know this is just a phase I am experiencing, just an emotion of emotions. My brain thinks it has to do this to protect me.

I am leaving on a train tomorrow for Seattle for the weekend, a change of scenery will be nice. Hopefully I will feel more awake tomorrow, I can always sleep on the train if I want. It feels sometimes like I am just floating through time and space waiting for something to happen. The anxiety can be overwhelming at times. Some days I just dont want to leave my house. I long for the day when I wake up from this mess and can feel alert and aware of my surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment